Saturday, August 9, 2008

La Fiesta De XBOX

Jess and I are trying to spend some time getting to know all of the kids here at Casa Shalom. We are doing this by spending one special evening with each of the houses. Last month I spent an evening hanging out with the oldest boys watching wrestling. Last night Jess and I decided to hang out with another of the boys' houses. We took the kids out to a restaurant called Pollo Campero. Pollo Campero is like KFC but delicious. After the kids chowed on fried chicken and ice cream, we did something that transcends cultures. We played XBOX. The boys had been asking me since I got here to play XBOX with them and so last night 13 of us gathered around a 19 inch tv and pummelled each other in Fight Night. The boys had never had the chance to play games before and I don't know enough Spanish to explain the controls to them but the boys had grins from ear to ear. I would have taken pictures but XBOX is far to important to interrupt for pictures. Fried chicken and video games, that's a good day.
Josh



















No comments: