Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some quality time at McDonalds


I recently had the chance to spend some quality McDonalds time with some of the teen girls at Casa Shalom (from the left: Florecita, Alejandra, Yennifer and Engma). Several of the 12 teenaged girls have spent the majority of their lives at Shalom and many of them are taking secretarial courses so they will be able to find jobs when the leave the home. They are desperate to learn English as it will give them a big advantage when looking for a job. I will start teaching English classes next week, but they have kept me busy by quizzing me on English vocabulary! Please keep the teens of Casa Shalom in your prayers!


PS - I discovered that many McDonalds restaurants here in Guatemala make deliveries to homes just like pizza chains!

No comments: