Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome to our blog

Welcome to TheHansonsinGuatemala@blogspot.com! This blog will be a great way for you to keep in contact with us during our year-long stay at the Casa Shalom orphanage in Guatemala City, Guatemala, and to read updates and prayer requests. In June of 2008, we will be moving to Casa Shalom to minisiter to the children as English teachers at the Casa Shalom school. Speaking English is a skill that can open many doors in Guatemala and can release the children from the poverty that is so prevalent in Guatemala. Additionally, Josh will serve as director of the many short-term missions teams that come to Casa Shalom each year. Recently, these teams have completed a dormitory for the teenage girls and a health clinic where the children can receive reliable medical care. We appreciate your prayers and support as we continue finalizing our plans for this God-directed endeavor. We feel that He has called us to Casa Shalom to share His unconditional love with children who have suffered abandonment, physical and sexual abuse, malnutrition and levels of poverty we in the United States cannot imagine. Please visit the blog often for updated information and photos. ~ En Su Nombre (In His Name), Joshua and Jessica Hanson

3 comments:

R&M said...

thanks for your work.god bless you

Sharon Seldow said...

Dear Hansons - Pastor Rick is my pastor and I attend Maranatha Church. While I do not know you personally, pastor has been talking about all of our wonderful missionaries, and I am touched by all of you who have given up so much to help. I recently read about GoodSearch on pastor's blog, and wish to use your organization as my charity of choice, but you are not listed. Would you kindly list your organization so that other members of Maranatha could sign you up on GoodSearch. This is such a very worthy cause and I know there are others who would like to help. May God bless you both as you do HIS work in this year ahead of you. Sharon Seldow

Barbara said...

Hi Josh- this is Staci and Jordan Lindstrom's mom. I was surfing and much to my amazement, I found your blog. I see you found yourself a beautiful wife!!
My 10 year old attends Chapel Hill Christian School in Akron, OH and we sponsor several children for christian school through the Connecting Hearts Ministry there in Guatemala. I'm sure several little girls are wearing Claire's plaid jumpers!
Staci married a music minister last year and they are currently serving at the House of Restoration Church of God in Milford, OH.
God bless your work and I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.
Love,
Barb Lindstrom